I did mention I’m banging out the chapbooks with a goal of being done by year end, so two new chapbooks are going to share one post. They were released almost simultaneously due to the 2nd, miraculously, needing no edits once I got the proof.
I’m mobile atm, so don’t have easy access to poems from these books to share with you right now. Just consider this a generic sort of update post, in that case.
So, where I am on poetry projects is thus:
1.) Chapbook #9: proof on the mail on the way to me. Provided there are no issues, will likely be released within the next week.
2.) Chapbook #10: Was up until a stupid hour of morning finalizing files and designing the cover. It’s currently processing, so I should have a first, digital proof by tomorrow.
3. Went through my odds and ends, which is all short poems. Actually only sent one of them into oblivion, and am currently toying around with an idea that might give me a full chapbook worth of baby-sized poems. This one will be, as a matter of necessity, more artsy, and I’ve been designing borders most of the afternoon to see if I can make it work.
Once that is done, I am going to look into the possibility of collecting them all into an omnibus edition. I think I’ll probably be able to price and omnibus in a way that will make it more cost efficient, but I have to work through the math to see if I’m right/if the difference is significant enough to make the project worthwhile.
Once that’s all done, come New Year, I’m not sure. I’d like to really buckle down and work on more music study stuff. I haven’t touched my bass in months, for starters, and I’m still trying to conquer barre chords, but there’s really no telling with me what the next project will be.
For the immediate future, I will have two more chapbooks released in the next 2-3 weeks, and a chapbook of short, baby poems, not too long after that. What comes after that, we’ll have to wait and see.